Sunday, October 31, 2010

Couldn't Sleep

I took a five kilometre run down the road, spent some time in the empty paddock, took one of those long showers where I ended up sitting in the full tub with the shower water still running on me, and YES I FILLED THE DAMN THING WITH ROSE BUBBLE BATH!!!!!!!!

I got into a pair of skivvies, cut-offs, had some more tay with a couple of crumpets topped with hazelnut butter and apple butter, spent a few moments on the verandah with another cup of tay, now here I sit, in front of the computer.

At least I had peace of mind, though I did wish I had a cat in my lap. The black was in bed. He was going to be taken Home this Thursday, my mentor had told me. No more animals here. It wasn't fair to keep them here with the way things were going.

They were out of time. They wouldn't miss us. And with less than eight months to go, I could put up with it, despite the fact time would seem to be going a little more slowly due to the lessening of the work load.

I've also been sitting on an unfinished poem for several weeks. I'm not sure I'll ever finish it. I don't even know if I'll write any more at this stage in the game. Of course I could feel different tomorrow, but right now. . .I'm thinking of the garden back Home, right now. I'm thinking of riding through my former way station that is NOT going to be in operation after I get back.

I'm thinking of letting go of the past. Burying it. Just moving on with the ones I love, and leaving it all behind. . .when the time comes.

I'll talk it over with my. . .mentor. . .now, considering he just walked through the door.

G-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment