Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thank The Gods For My Mentor

I didn't go to bed tonight. I ended up snuggling in the straw with my favourite palomino. I crashed out with him for a couple of hours, and when I got up and went back into the main part of the house, my mentor was sitting right there in the den with a pot of tay on the table beside the chair he was sitting in. He knew what I was going through.

He stood up, poured me the cup he had reserved for me, and handed it to me. Chai! Just what I needed. He sat down, and invited me into his lap, and that's where I sat; having my tay as he wrapped himself around me.

He told me everything had to go as it was going. I'd read the news reports today, and had to agree, but it still hurt like HELL. When I asked him if I was going to make the decision to come back here after Friday, he wouldn't answer. On the other hand, when I asked if I did come back, would I see February 15th? At least to that he answered, no. On the other hand, I kind of sensed that.

No, my writings were no longer ahead of schedule. That's the 'new' schedule. They were ahead on the old one, but considering my publisher had everything in the archives, there was nothing more to send to set myself behind. I assumed all would go as it was, and in reality a new volume would resume going up every three weeks.

After we finished the kettle, we took everything back to the kitchen, washed it up, and he led me upstairs. It was the first time in forever that I actually slept the whole night though. (AFTER another, though quick shower. I did smell like horse, prior.) The black cat that was staying with us slept with me on my pillow for the whole night.

That was nice. I'm not sure, but this may be my last post for a couple of days. I've got to get my head in gear regarding what's going on. Then of course I could be lying. I don't know.

Now I was going to go outside and enjoy the radioactive rain for a few minutes while my mentor and the mullethead were working on breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment