Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thinking About Time Again

If I come back for long term, it will be 9 months and 5 days maximum. As I was before the equines and 2 of the cats were taken to my 'real' home, I would have been thrilled with that. Now, it seemed like eternity, though I knew the time would be knocked off a wee bit more before my project was all up.

The problem was, there were problems. It wasn't described right. The entire project was 'The Xanon Chronicles', but my publisher has it up where it is described as 'What Revelation Never Told You', which is only the first volume. I did e-mail her, but it hasn't been fixed. I'm not sure it will be, but I wonder if I should care? The readers can figure it out themselves.

Well, here's the page to access what's up so far of The Chronicles:
http://www.gothicguild.org/index.php/donn-uimidir

No, it's not perfect. Then again, neither is the project. I'm NOT going through it again that one last time I need to MAKE it perfect. So I may have 10 to 20 misspellings/or Americanised spellings I didn't catch in each book. Maybe fewer, maybe more depending on the length of the volume. So the formatting on both my blog and The Guild leaves much to be desired. Spacing between paragraphs is too much on mine, and lack of paragraph indentations on some stories on The Guild.

As I said before, DEAL WITH IT. If you're that nit-picky, copy paste it onto your private file, and fix it yourself. I already said that, probably more than once. It's OK. I don't care. I'm NON-PROFIT! I have everything I need, and no use for more. Having grown up in a barter economy, I don't think highly of a monetary economy anyway. It's a good way to control people more than they should be controlled, and it obviously doesn't work very well. Hey! Look at the news reports. And the U.S. government does its best to make alternatives inconvenient, like technically taxing barter? But if no money is involved, how do you tax that? Mail them 5 carrots, or what?

I am getting a perverse pleasure from seeing the system crash. The mullethead is absolutely manic over it. It lives for news stories on economic collapses. It even thinks George Soros is a package deal due to the help he is giving to the implosion of the system, not to mention his progressive stance on some social issues like gay rights, feminism and shoite like that.

I can't argue with that.

Now, I think I'm going to go. I have my mentor standing behind me, whispering about some Darjeeling steeping in the kitchen. How can I turn that down?

Then I'll actually go to bed for a few more hours. Something formerly unheard of, but hey! No more equines to feed and groom, stables to muck out, and all that. But I may just dream of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment