Sunday, October 31, 2010

Volume #6 Is Up On The Guild

Now I had 9 more to go. I also decided, what the feck! I did change the date, if I was coming back to see the last volume published. February 1, 2012. Imbolc! I knocked 2 weeks off. That would put me now 10 days ahead of schedule. 9 months, and 11 days from now. 9 months and 11 days with only seeing my best equine friend for a couple of Earth days, yet being out of time from my perspective, so it would seem a lot longer for me. . .once. . .IF I chose to come back.

Could I handle it?

I just came back from the stables. Everyone was asleep. I didn't disturb them. Let them dream their equine dreams on their last night here.

Why now, though? Why a week and not quite a half earlier? Were we going to be forced to make a run for it? My mentor wouldn't tell me. He just said this is how it was best. I had no choice but to believe him.

He told me to pack up a picnic for myself and mullethead, and just take a long walk out back after brekkie. That, or spend the day on the town. Just get out of the house.

OK.

The mullethead and I decided on taking the walk out back first, and if we came back early enough, we'd run to town. Maybe we'd stop at the ice cream shop or something. AFTER we said good-bye to the equines.

I'm crying a little as I type this.

I think I'll go make a kettle of genmai cha, and sit on the verandah for a while. I might even watch the sun come up. It was cold, but it wasn't bad. I could handle it in jeans, a t-shirt, and an overshirt. With a few cups of tay, and the ability to go inside when I got too uncomfortable, it was no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment